At the beginning of 1956, a group of 50 employees at Texas Industries banded together to create TrustUS Federal Credit Union, which was then known as Texas Industries Employee Credit Union. By May of 1956, the credit union had already grown to 214 members with share balances of $9,340, to whom 64 loans were made totaling $5,755. That month, interest income was an overwhelming $69.93!
But from humble beginnings, Texas Industries Employee Credit Union grew. Originally located in the Texas Industries corporate offices in Fort Worth, the credit union relocated to Midlothian, Texas on the grounds of the TXI Cement Plant in 2002. Over the years, membership grew to over 6,000, and in 2006, the credit union changed its name to TrustUS to more accurately represent its diverse membership groups – the largest of which was Gerdau located in Midlothian.