EMV Chip Cards
Texas Trust offers EMV chip debit and credit cards. Chip technology offers more security against fraud than the traditional magnetic strip. By using a small EMV chip to store member data on the face of the card, chip technology makes it much harder for fraudsters to get sensitive information.
Chip technology has two distinct advantages in the fight to keep your information secure:
- With the chip card, cloning the card is extremely difficult. Scammers have used card readers to get static information from the magnetic strip. But with the chip, the information is dynamic, making it nearly impossible for scammers to retrieve data.
- Chip cards also provide better encryption methods for users. With the magnetic strip, the sensitive information is fed to the card machine “as-is,” making it easier to access. With a chip card, the information is encrypted as soon as the card is inserted into the machine, resulting in a more secure transaction.
Get started today
It's easy to pay at a chip-activated terminal:
- Insert the chip end of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up.
- Keep your card in the terminal throughout the transaction and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Remove your card when prompted and take your receipt. You may need to sign for your purchase.