- I am a cardholder. How do I sign up for smsGuardian™ text fraud alerts?
Visit the our smsGuardian™ page, to get started.
- Are there security features in place to protect my card information?
Yes, we do not provide full cardholder information in any of the communications. Only the last 4-digits of the card number will be provided. This service is PCI compliant.
- What happens if I don't reply to a text?
Nothing. If no confirmed fraud response is received in 12 hours, the text message will expire and the transaction will be considered authorized.
- Will the text appear to be from smsGuardian™ or Texas Trust?
The text will reference “Texas Trust” followed by “Guardian Alert” to identify where the text was coming from.
- If I respond “NO” to a text, how long will it take to block?
The text response is placed in the highest priority in the Risk Management/ Fraud Department. The next available analyst will receive the fraud case and hard block the card.
- How do I remove a block from my card?
To have a block removed from your card, please contact Texas Trust by calling (800) 527-3600.
- How many devices can I enroll in smsGuardian™?
You can sign up to receive messages on up to two devices.
- How do I add a new device in smsGuardian™?
You can add new devices using the "Create Device" tab on the Guardian website. You can delete or renew a device by using the “Device” tab.
- If I have a do-not-disturb window setup and an alert occurs, does smsGuardian™ send a text when the do-not-disturb window is off?
Yes, a message will be sent once the do-not-disturb window is off. If you have your do not disturb set from 11 pm to 6 am and one or more alerts are created during this time frame, the alert messages will be sent to you starting at 6 am.
- Can I transfer funds or view my balance using smsGuardian™?
No, smsGuardian™ is only used to alert you about your debit or credit card activity and possible fraud.
- What if I need help regarding the smsGuardian™ program?
For help with this service, text HELP to 27576 or reply HELP to an Alert message. You may also click on the “Service Usage Guide” link on the Guardian Website or call (888) 868-8611.
- How do I discontinue alerts?
Discontinue alerts by texting the word STOP to 27576 or by replying STOP to an alert. You may also unsubscribe on the Guardian Website.
- Will I receive renewal notifications?
Yes, a renewal notification will be sent to the device six days prior to the expiration. Three renewal text message attempts will be made before the device is set to expire. If you do not respond, the device will be removed from smsGuardian™ upon expiration. If you renew the device multiple times, it will extend an additional year for each extra click.
So if you want to renew for 5 years, click the renewal button 5 times. When you click renew, you will have to send a message each time to the system similar to the original enrollment text message. You will need to reply to the short code 5 times.
Some mobile service providers require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers participating in the smsGuardian™ program. You will receive an alert message every 30 days reminding you of your subscription if your mobile service provider is Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin. The alert message will display as: “Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for Texas Trust. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”
- Can alerts be sent to more than one phone number per card?
Yes. Each card is allowed up to 2 phone numbers for notifications.
- If I get a new card, will I need to register that card number?
Yes. If the card number is new, you will need to register your card again.
- What kind of Texas Trust cards can I protect with smsGuardian™?
smsGuardian™ will work with your checking debit card, credit card, business checking debit card, or business credit card.