Tired Of Card Compromises?
Ensuring Your Security
Here at Texas Trust Credit Union, ensuring our members’ information is one of our top priorities. With all of the data breaches on the news, we can understand how worried many of us are about the security of our accounts. We would like to give you some background information on how these compromises are handled that will hopefully help put your mind at ease.
First, here are some important facts:
- MasterCard Zero liability is provided under the following conditions; account is in good standing, you have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card, and there has not been two or more unauthorized events reported in the past 12 months
- A dedicated 24/7 Fraud Monitoring Team monitors and reviews card transaction activity. If fraud is suspected the fraud analyst will call and/or email you to verify the authenticity of the suspicious transaction. If we are unable to reach you, the fraud analyst will place a block on your card and leave a message providing their 24x7 800 numbers along with an incident number for your reference. You will NEVER be asked for your card number.
- If you believe your Card or PIN or Access Code has been lost or stolen or in the event of unauthorized transactions call (972) 263-5171 or (800) 527-3600.
- Sign up for smsGuardian to help protect against fraudulent charges. Go to TexasTrustCU.org/GuardYourCard. smsGuardiansmsGuardian™ is a service that uses text messages to enable you to monitor activity occurring on your account and respond immediately to potentially fraudulent transactions.
So, how are card compromises handled?
- In most cases, when a merchant has been breached, the card provider (i.e.Visa, MasterCard, etc.) is the first to know. After an investigation has been completed, each financial institution receives a list of cards compromised at the breached location. The majority of the time we are not informed of the identity of the compromised merchant, unless the merchant has gone public with their data breach.
- After Texas Trust Credit Union receives the list of affected cards, we attempt to contact each affected cardholder in writing or by email as soon as possible.
- For your protection, the limit of the amount you can spend on your card is automatically reduced or the decision can be made to close your card in extreme circumstances. TXTCU does offer the ability to issue cards instantly at each of our branches so you can come in and walk out with your new card in minutes.