Guard Your Card
Texas Trust takes protecting your personal and financial information very seriously.
You Deserve Peace of Mind
…and we’ve made it easy with smsGuardian™.
What is smsGuardian™?
smsGuardian™ is a service that uses text messages to enable you to monitor activity occurring on your account and respond immediately to potentially fraudulent transactions.
How Does it Work?
When a purchase that meets the monitoring criteria is made with your debit or credit card, a text will be sent to you for review. You may receive a message similar to this:
TXTCU Guardian Alert on card 1234 at XYZ for $500.00. Reply AA1234NO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.
If you receive this message and the purchase is legitimate, do nothing. If you think a particular transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately with the code provided within the text message and your card will be blocked. If you do not reply to the text message within 12 hours, the transaction is considered legitimate and no further action will occur.
What Types of Transactions are Monitored?
With smsGuardian™ on your side, you’re alerted for:
- Out-of-state and international transactions
- Transactions authorized for over $400
- Six or more transactions occurring in 24 hours
- Transactions where the card was not presented
How Do I Enroll?
Enrollments are good for one year. You will be notified prior to expiration of your smsGuardian account.
- Go to the smsGuardian™ website
- Enter your Texas Trust debit or credit card number and enrollment criteria for the card.
- Verify Terms & Conditions and confirm the Service Usage Guide.
- Enroll a device for the card by going to the DEVICE/CREATE DEVICE tab.
- Enter the 10 digit mobile device phone number and click Submit.
- Send the required message provided to 27576.
- Verify you receive this confirmation message:
Guardian enrollment complete. Alerts start within 24 hrs. Msg&Data rates may apply, Msgs per issuer settings. Reply STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for Help.
- Use the PREFERENCES tab to set a Do Not Disturb period if you wish.
- To manage your enrollment, return to the Guardian website.
Before alerts can be sent, you must confirm your enrollment by successfully texting the enrollment code provided by the smsGuardian™ website during set up of your device.
To view the Terms and Conditions for smsGuardian™, please visit smsGuradian™
You may discontinue the receipt of Alerts immediately by texting the word “STOP” (without quotes) in reply to any smsGuardian Alert or by texting the word STOP to 27576. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the Guardian website.
If you need help regarding the use of this service or your account, you may reply to an Alert message with the word HELP. You may also click on the “Service Usage Guide” link on the Guardian website or call (888) 868-8611.
smsGuardian™ is available for these carriers. For questions regarding your mobile device or cellular phone, please contact your mobile service provider. You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your carrier as well as any message and data rates that may apply.
If you change your mobile service provider, you will need to re-enroll your mobile device in the smsGuardian™ program.
Some mobile service providers require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers participating in the smsGuardian™ program. The alert message will display as: “Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for Texas Trust. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.”