February 26th, 2015
This year, make sure your taxes are done right.
All you need to know is yourself. TurboTax translates taxes into simple questions about your life and puts everything in the right forms for you.
- You won’t miss a thing. TurboTax searches over 350 deductions and credits, so you can be confident you’re getting the biggest refund you deserve.
- Double checks as you go. TurboTax runs error checks and a final review of your return to help make sure your taxes are done right.
Posted in News Comments Off
February 22nd, 2015
Due to icy weather conditions, we have limited staff at the contact center. Texas Trust apologizes for any increases in phone hold times that this may cause. Our branches however, are open for business.
Conditions should be improving tomorrow, and we expect any service impact to diminish.
As always, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve you.
Posted in Alerts Comments Off
February 16th, 2015
There’s a Better Way to Safeguard Your Money
Investing for retirement doesn’t have to be overly risky. One way to make it safer is to set aside money each year in an IRA. Over time, the tax advantages offered by an IRA can help you accumulate more money for your golden years.
Just do it—contribute!
- If you’re under age 50, the maximum IRA contribution amount for the 2014 tax year is $5,500. You can save even more if you’re age 50 or older by making “catch-up” contributions—up to $6,500 for the 2014 tax year. The limits apply to the combined contributions you make to all the IRAs you hold, whether Traditional or Roth.
- If you’re married, your spouse can also make an IRA contribution even if he or she doesn’t have earned income. (At least one of you does need to have earned income.)
Know the difference between Roth and traditional IRAs
- With a traditional IRA, your contributions may be tax-deductible if you are eligible. Your earnings can then grow tax-deferred until you begin making withdrawals, at which point you’d be taxed at whatever rate you’re subject to at the time.
- With a Roth IRA, you’re contributing after-tax money. You don’t get an immediate tax deduction, but your earnings grow tax-free, assuming they meet certain requirements.
February 13th, 2015
It’s tax time again. This should come as no surprise. But, did you know that as a Texas Trust member you can save as much as $15 on Turbo Taxes federal products by clicking here?
Not a fan of doing your own taxes? William Driscoll, CPA has been helping Texas Trust members do their taxes for years. Give him a call today at 972.252.4200 to schedule an appointment at our Jefferson and 4th Street branch in Grand Prairie or his office in Irving.
February 13th, 2015
Do you live in Arlington, Mansfield or Grand Prairie? Living Magazine wants to know who you think the Best of the Best is in your neighborhood. From food and fun to healthcare and business, you can choose your favorites from several different categories. Show your loyalty to Texas Trust and vote us “Best Bank,” “Best Mortgage Lender,” “Best Financial Advisor” and “Best Insurance Agent” for 2015 by going online to make your opinion count!
And, check out our local partners, offering special discounts to members, and vote for your favorites!
- Avanté Salon & Day Spa
- Kanary Mediterranean Grill
- AB Coffee & Donuts
- Mansfield Chiropractic
- Eterna Health Food Store