June 27th, 2016
With the start of a new school year just around the corner, it’s important to ask yourself if you’re financially ready for college! If you find yourself needing additional money to help cover your college costs, be sure to check out the Texas Extra Credit Education Loan! This private student loan is offered through one of our partners and has an array of first-class features and benefits, including:
- Low Fixed and Variable interest rates*
- 0.25% interest rate reduction just for graduating*
- 0.25% interest rate reduction when you sign up for Auto Debit payments*
- Choice of three repayment options and two repayment terms*
- No origination or disbursement fees
- Cosigner release option*
With so many great options, it’s easy to see why the Texas Extra Credit Education Loan is the right choice for your educational needs.
To learn more or to apply, click here.
* All rates and benefits are dependent on qualified applicants meeting certain requirements and conditions. For complete details about Texas Extra Credit including program specifics, eligibility requirements, repayment examples, repayment options and benefits, or to apply, click the link above.
June 3rd, 2016
Methodist Mansfield Medical Center is bringing our community together to educate you and your family on how to protect yourselves from mosquito bites this summer.
Enjoy an evening learning from infectious disease experts from Methodist Mansfield, the city of Mansfield, Mansfield ISD, and Tarrant County Public Health.
When: Tuesday, June 14, 6 to 8 p.m.
Where: Methodist Mansfield – Conference Room C
Whether traveling overseas or just enjoying the outdoors this summer, mosquito bites can be more than just annoying and itchy. They can make you really sick.
You’ll hear from the following:
- John Phillips, FACHE – president, Methodist Mansfield
- Shantala Samart, MD – medical director of infectious diseases, Methodist Mansfield
- Sara Northrop, DO – OB-GYN, Methodist Mansfield
- Russ Jones, MPH – chief epidemiologist, Tarrant County Public Health
- Howard Redfearn – services manager, Mansfield Environmental
- Patrick Prather – representative, Municipal Mosquito
- Kerrah Turner – traveling nurse for Health Services, Mansfield ISD
Space is limited so register today!
John Phillips, FACHE
May 25th, 2016
The Improved Alert System is Here!
In our continuing efforts to keep your cards secure, we have launched an improved alert system for potential fraud to your debit or credit card.
Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification, with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
- If there is no response received, you will then receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud. The call will also give the option of speaking to a fraud analyst.
Remember—our messages will never ask for
your PIN or account number.
Actions To Take Now
- Add 800.417.4592 to your phone contacts and label it “TXTCU Fraud Center”; it will display on your phone whenever you get a call from this number.
- Update your email address and phone numbers on file with the credit union:
- Primary account members
- Log on to Online Banking.
- Go to “Additional Services”.
- Choose “My Profile Address”.
- Joint account members
- Primary member log on to Online Banking.
- Send a secure message in the Message Center, located at the top right of your Online Banking screen, or in Mobile Secure Message, in-branch, or by calling the Member Service Center at 972.263.5171.
- Primary account members
March 17th, 2016
Should you file a claim for hail damage?
If your car is still safe to drive: Get an estimate before filing a claim to make sure that the damage is well over your deductible and worth filing.
While comprehensive claims are not surcharge-able they can hurt your rate by adding an additional claim to the amount of activity on your claims report. A large amount of activity (whether the claims are your fault or not) can change your rating tier causing an increase at your renewal. It is up to you to decide, but you can schedule an appointment for most body shops for an estimate and then go from there.
Remember though, any time we have a big storm with a large affected area, body shops and adjusters will make the vehicles that are not drivable the priority. This can cause a delay in the process for claims that are solely cosmetic. If the amount of damage is substantial, there can also be a shortage of rental cars in the immediate area. They will of course send for cars outside of the area to be delivered but this can cause delays as well.
February 18th, 2016
Please be aware, the following email about a phishing (or vishing) fraud, was distributed to us via personal contacts at Washington Financial:
Just wanted to pass this along as an FYI – we received a phone call today claiming to be from the “Financial Crime Investigation Department of Justice.” The ‘agent’ that called said his name was Sean Phillips though he had a very thick middle eastern accent. They were phishing (or vishing) for information from us. They also wanted some sort of payment to have them continue protecting the bank’s assets (Again, very hard to understand him). I informed some local FBI authorities I have a relationship with however I also wanted to alert this group that they are targeting banks. He gave a call back number of 904-900-8420. I guess they got tired of pretending to be from the Windows Tech Support team.
If you find yourself in such a situation, be cautious and contact us immediately so we notate our reports in our monitoring.